Monday, 07 June 2021
Triathlon Valleyfield to hold its 18th edition in a brand-new location
The 18th edition of the Valleyfield Triathlon will be held on Sunday, August 15, 2021, on the site of the old Beauharnois Canal between Victoria Street East, Fabre Street, Hébert Street and Centennial Avenue. Due to health restrictions in effect, the organizing committee of Triathlon Valleyfield has decided to hold the 18th edition on the site of the 12 hours of Triathlon Quebec which took place from 2017 to 2019.
After a one-year break, Triathlon Valleyfield is proud to be back in the sporting world by ensuring a completely safe event in compliance with the health restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, only two sports disciplines will be offered to participants this year:
Sprint Duathlon : Running (5 km), cycling (20 km) and running (2.5 km)
- Running: 2.5 km one-way course on an asphalt trail on Victoria Street and gravel trail on Hébert Street
- Cycling: 2.5 km one-way course on Victoria, Fabre and Hébert streets and Centennial Avenue
Sprint Triathlon (2 waves): Swimming (750 m), cycling (20 km) and running (5 km)
- Swimming: 375 m round trip course on the old Beauharnois Canal with the departure passed the Jean-De La Lande Bridge
- Cycling: one-way course of 2.5 km on Victoria, Fabre and Hébert streets and Centennial Avenue
- Running: 2.5 km one-way course on an asphalt path on Victoria Street and a gravel path on Hébert Street
REGISTRATION TO COME
The Sprint Duathlon, a provincial championship, will begin at 7:30 a.m. with registration limited to 175 participants. The Sprint Triathlon will hold its first wave at 10 a.m. and its second wave at 1 p.m. with registration limited to 350 participants.
Participants 16 years of age and older can register for both sports disciplines starting at noon on June 14, 2021, by visiting http://triathlonvalleyfield.com/en/je-minscris/.
For more information, please contact
General Manager of Triathlon Valleyfield